Sunday, January 6, 2013

Going On An Adventure!!


So I don't get to hang out with friends too terribly often, 1) because our schedules are usually completely different and 2) because most of them live out in the mountains so its not always real easy to do anything.  But I did make some new friends during my time as part of the cast of A Christmas Carol and as it turns out, some of them are as nerdy as I am. =)

So you know those conversations you have with your friends where you're like, we should totally do this!!!  And you all talk about how awesome that would be but never do it?  Well, at our cast party I started hanging out with two of my friends and we ended up talking about how awesome it would be to go the movies and do a double feature where we saw both Les Miserable and The Hobbit, because neither of them had seen either movie yet.  We got all excited about it, but it was one of those things that I figured would be so much fun, but probably wouldn't happen.  But it sounded so cool that after I got home, I texted one of those friends and asked if he was serious about wanting to try to do it.  He was all for it and suggested doing it that Saturday, yesterday.  So I messaged my other friend and she was all for it too.

Now this was super exciting for me, because typically if I try to get any kind of group of friends together, big or small, it never works out.  People say they're interested, but then never commit or they just don't reply at all.  So while I was super excited, I was also kind of afraid all the rest of this week that something would go wrong and we'd have to cancel.  As it happens, everything went perfectly.  We got it all figured out, and the only hitch was that one of them was a little late getting to my house so we could go pick up our other friend.

In the end, we got the theater with about two minutes to spare.  We saw Les Miserable first which was just as amazing and beautiful as the first time, but, again, quite sad.  The Hobbit, which we saw directly afterward, was funny and just plain fun and really helped end the day on a high note.  We also took the opportunity to take pictures with a board that had scenes from The Hobbit on it, which is something I have always wanted to do.

It was just such an incredible day and so amazingly fun, because the whole thing was something I had never done before.  I'd forgotten how fun it was to go see a movie with friends, because typically, if I want to see a movie, I have to go by myself because I never get people together to go see it as well.  But this was just so fun that I think in the future, I'll focus on maybe going with one or two or three people, something smaller that might be easier to figure out.  Here are a couple of the pictures we took just having fun. =D



1 comment:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...