Saturday, January 5, 2013

Look To The Future

A couple of weeks ago, a girl I work with mentioned that she had a job interview with a company in Albuquerque.  The job sounded fantastic and she encouraged a lot of us to try applying as well.  The job sounded great and exactly what I've been kind of looking for so when I went home that night I decided to apply.  Now don't get me wrong.  I honestly love my job (I work at Dion's, btw) and the people I work with and everything.  But its not exactly a career job, the schedule changes every week so I don't have a consisted paycheck, and I'm not making a ton of money.  Since I'm planning on moving to L.A. sometime soon, I figured I needed a better paying, more full-time job.

So I went ahead and applied and, man, was it a hard application!!  Typing test, oral test, computer proficiency test, it was intense!  But I got it done and submitted it and got a notice that I would be informed in 72 hours if they wanted an interview.  Well, after 72 hours I hadn't gotten a call, so I figured, oh well, at least I gave it a try.


Fast forward about two weeks and yesterday, just as I got off work, I got a phone call from the company.  And, guess what?  They wanted an interview that day at 5 if I could make it.  Amazingly enough, yesterday was the one day last week that I didn't work till 4.  So I agreed and ran to get ready.  Finding the place was no problem as its pretty close to my house which is nice.

And the interview went really well!  I was given a pre-employment offer, which basically means that if I pass the drug test, criminal background check, etc. I'm pretty much hired.  So I'm pretty excited.
But there is a part of me that is also a bit nervous.  The one thing about the company is that I won't have any idea what my hours are until towards the end of my training.  And depending on what those hours are, it could severely affect my ability to act.  That was the one thing that made me slightly hesitant to accept the job.  Because what if my work hours are such that I'm not able to act because I'm working during rehearsal times?  Its a very real possibility that that could happen.

I've had to keep telling myself that, yes, I might have to take a temporary hiatus from acting, but I can focus on the fact that working those hours that might prevent me from acting now will help me earn the money to be able to afford living in California sometime in the next year or so.  Its just a matter of perspective.  A lot of time we get very focused on the here and now.  I want to be able to act NOW, not later.  And a lot of the time that's not bad, its not good to dwell on the future, but the future is there and it certainly makes sense to pay attention to that fact and keep it in mind.  And for me, with my acting career, that's what I need to focus on.  I might not be able to act now, but I will be able to in the future.  And besides that, while I still have this problem in the back of my mind, I keep reminding myself that its not a problem yet.  I just have to trust that God's plan for me is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope it all works out, Morgan! Can't wait to see what's going to happen in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...