Saturday, January 19, 2013

Disappointment Hurts, But Life Goes On

So today was a day of several rather important events, well, two important events really.  As I mentioned in my last blog, I started this new diet today and had my audition for Anne Frank.  I was worried about how I would do with the diet because today and tomorrow I'm on what they call a modified fast.  So basically I drink this shake type drink once in the morning and once at night and that's it.  I can't eat anything or drink anything other than water.  It actually turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be.  The shake was very filling and even now, almost ten hours later, I'm not horribly hungry, though I am kind of watching the clock as I wait for 8 o'clock to roll around.

The other big event was my audition for Anne Frank.  I was a bit nervous for it, but I was confident that I knew my monologue really well and I could do it.  By the way, if anyone's interested, here's the monologue that I did:  http://www.alfredsullivan.com/mono529.html.  I did have to cut out parts to try to get it down to two minutes, but even with cutting, I think I was still closer to three.  Oh, well.  In any case, I felt like the audition went really well and I really hoped I got the part.  Oh, and I was auditioning for the part of Anne's mother, Edith Frank.  I was told that the cast list would be up either today or tomorrow, so I basically went home and waited anxiously.

As it turns out, I didn't get the part. =(  I'm pretty disappointed because I really wanted the part.  It was such a departure from anything else I've ever done.  But with the disappointment I also think that in a way, maybe its good that I didn't get the part.  With getting ready to start my new job and all, not having to worry about making rehearsals and memorizing lines will probably make things easier.  And I also have a niggling feeling that my weight was a rather key factor in my not getting the part.  Not being in the play means that I'll also be able to focus on this new diet and my weight loss so that the next time I audition, I can know if I didn't get the part, it was due to my acting and not influenced by my appearance.  So basically, I'm trying to look at this as a blessing in disguise.  Besides, there are always other plays to audition for. =)  And congratulations to the cast of Anne Frank, I know the play will be fantastic!!

1 comment:

  1. You're having a great attitude about this whole thing, Morgan! Where's your new job at?

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...