Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lord of the Rings, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Oh My!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that a couple of friends and I did a double feature at a local movie theater and saw Les Miserables and The Hobbit.  Well, as it turns out, one of my friends, had never seen Lord of the Rings.  Being huge fan I am and with my other friend also being a fan, we decided that he absolutely HAD to see the movies.  But setting up a time to try to watch all three turned out to be a rather challenging task since watching all three movies takes up nearly ten hours.  So in the end we decided it would be easier to do it over two days.  Tonight was our first night, watching Fellowship of the Ring.

We were all quite excited to see the movie, but it was also exciting just to be able to hang out since we hadn't seen each other in a while.  One of the things we were all rather eager to talk about was Doctor Who.  Now, I love BBC.  I watch Downton Abbey, I've watched every episode of Sherlock at least three times, and I think its all absolutely brilliant.  But I had never really seen Doctor Who and didn't really want to get started on another tv show.  But, they insisted and I ended up starting to watch it last weekend.  Needless to say, I am fully converted and am madly in love with the show, though I do have to lament the fact that I love yet another show that plays havoc with my emotions.  But its totally worth it.  They were completely thrilled and so we spent quite a lot of time just talking about its fantasticness (I don't think that's technically a word, but I like it!).

We finally got around to watching the movie and let me tell you, I have never had so much fun watching Fellowship of the Ring in my entire life.  What happens when you throw together four nerds and watch a movie?  Well, you get a whole mix of Sherlock and Doctor Who quotes and episodes thrown about at certain parts of the movie, random quoting at parts of the movie, and complaining about how unsafe the bridges in Rivendell are (they don't have guard rails, you see).  In general, its it absolutely confusing and crazy and unbelievably hilarious and we loved every second of it.

I loved getting to spend time with them so much, because even though they're a few years younger than me, other than one who is my age, we're all quite similar.  We enjoy the same things, get excited about similar things, and that's one thing I haven't found in a long time.  Oh, I have my close friends who I dearly love and adore, but for the most part, we're quite different, which certainly isn't a problem and I don't love them any less, but its also fun to have people who get your randomness, who you can gush over certain things with.  Its just fun.  I feel so blessed to have these people in my life and I can't wait for tomorrow to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...