Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Single Rose


So I think I mentioned in my post with the Valentine's Day questionnaire that there are times when I really struggle with Valentine's Day because I am single and have been single for so long.  I've certainly had times where I've felt like Valentine's Day is a bit of a slap in the face for those who are single.  But this year I told myself I wouldn't have any of those thoughts and I would make it just a good day.

I figured one way to do that would be to dress up.  So I curled my hair and wore the only really pink item of clothing that I have, a dress, and heels.  I wasn't sure about the heels, but I figured that I would be sitting all day, so what the heck, might as well live a little!  Of course when I got to work I had to park all the way at the back of the parking lot which was just kind of funny.

Going into work I was kind of surprised because I had a lot of people, both men and women, commenting on how pretty I looked.  That doesn't happen very often which used to really bug me, but I've pretty much gotten to the point where I'm just like, whatever, let them think what they want about me.  So it was really flattering and kind of nice to have these people who I either haven't known very long or didn't know at all, complimenting me.

But the absolute best part of my day, was when one of the guys I work with came up to me just before we clocked in and handed me a single rose.  In the short time that I've worked with this company, I've gotten decently close with a few people from my training class.  We tend to hang out together on our breaks and so we've gotten to know each other pretty well.  This guy is part of that group that I tend to hang out with.  When he gave me the rose he said that he knew that I was single and one of the few girls at work who wasn't in some kind of relationship, and he just wanted me to feel special today.  There was absolutely nothing romantic about it whatsoever, it was just him being incredibly thoughtful.

I was, again, really surprised because aside from my dad, I have never had a guy give me flowers, or, in this case, a flower.  I was so touched though that he had thought of me and had gone to the trouble and expense of getting me a rose just so I would feel special.  Having him do that just reminded me that there are good guys out there which is something that I need to be reminded of occasionally.  I just felt so blessed today.  Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a great day, Morgan! I'm glad it was so nice. :)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...