Friday, May 6, 2011

Time to Pray

So, as most of you probably know, I am now working at the St. James Tea Room. It is truly the best job I have ever had, despite the fact that I have the tendency to stress myself out and overthink things. Still, God has been teaching me a lot through it and I wouldn't change a thing. And today, God taught me a truly important lesson.

Each morning, before we start work, everyone working the first shift gets together and we have little devotion. This morning, one of my dear friends made a comment that stuck with me. She said that always makes sure to pray that everything will go well during the seating before each seating. She also said, that the days that she doesn't pray, she struggles. For me, that was an excellent reminder for me to be sure to pray before each seating. I hadn't done that on Wednesday and I had struggled to keep up with everything and get things done. Today, I made sure to pray and ask God to help me, and it was amazing how much better today it went! It was just totally in awe of how God helped me out. I didn't feel as stressed and everything went pretty darned smoothly.

I was thankful for the reminder, to pray to God at all times, even about little things, or things that seem insignificant or just straight forward. God can do amazing things when we trust Him and let Him take control. And every prayer brings us one step closer to our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...