Saturday, May 28, 2011

Don't Fall

Pretty much everyone has heard the quote "Don't make a girl fall for you, if you have no intention of catching her." I can't tell you how often I have seen and heard this quote. One of the most common ways I've heard it, is when a girl likes a guy, but he has no interest her. So she'll got on about how he made her fall for him, but he didn't catch her, which obviously was not his fault. So, honestly, I've gotten kind of sick of hearing this quote. On the one hand, I do like it, just not used in that way. However, I did find a quote that I really love and that fits perfectly.

"Don't fall for someone unless they're willing to catch you." I think that is awesome. Most of us have had it happen where we do fall for someone, but they're not interested in us. So if we do fall for them, obviously they're not going to catch us, cause they're not interested and they're not trying to make us fall for them. This quote puts the responsibility on us. If we do fall for someone who's not going to catch us, then that's our problem. We can't expect them to try to catch us.

Now, much as I love this quote, I also know it's sometimes hard to not fall for someone. Sure, it's easy to say, but when you meet that amazing guy or girl who seems like they are exactly the kind of person you've been waiting for, it's hard not to fall for them, even if you know they're not going to catch you. The best thing I've discovered to do in that situation is to pray...a lot. And in some cases, it might be best to talk to the person, if you know them well enough. No communication in a situation like that, can be very, very bad. Take it from someone who knows. Communication always pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...