Saturday, March 2, 2013

31 Days: One and Two

Hello, so I'm really bad at knowing what to blog which means there are many times that I go days or even weeks at a time without blogging simply because I don't know what the heck to write.  But yesterday a friend of mine posted a 31 Days series on her blog and then posted the list in case anyone else wanted to join her.  Since I've never done a series I thought it might be fun to give it a go.  I can't exactly promise that I'll be able to do everyday, obviously I already missed day 1, but I do promise that I'll never let myself get behind by more than one day.  So here goes nothing!

March 1:  Self Portrait and Five Random Facts About Yourself

  
One I have big dreams.  I'm one of those people who has that dream that no one thinks they can succeed at, so they work even harder to reach that dream just to prove that they can do it.  For me its always been very important to pursue my dream because I know that its the one career that could really make me happy.
Two  I have a tendency to quit a lot of things I start which I really hate.  Like with my weight loss.  I was doing really well starting out and since then I've basically completely fallen off the wagon and now I'm struggling to get back on.
Three  I enjoy reading just about anything I can get my hands on.  I've been really excited that since I've started working graveyard, I've been able to read a lot more.
Four  I also really like music.  I can flip the radio onto just about any channel and be perfectly happy to listen to what's on.  I've been in more of a pop music mood though recently so I've been enjoying listening to some new music.
Five  I love to laugh.  Despite the fact that I can be quite pessimistic at times, I am generally a happy person and I always appreciate someone who can make me laugh. =)

March 2:  Favorite Quote(s)

I really enjoy collecting quotes so this is a bit of a dangerous one for me.  Sorry there are so many, but I really did cut back a LOT!

"The LORD replied: 'My son, my precious child,                                
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you.'"
~ Footprints

"When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."
~ Act of Valor 

"Not all that glitters is gold,
Not all who wander are lost."
~ J.R.R. Tolkien

"God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you need.  To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you the person you were meant to be."
~ Anonymous

 "Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something.  Not even me.  You got a dream, you gotta protect it.  When people can't do something themselves, they're gonna tell you that you can't do it.  You want something, go get it.  Period."

~ Will Smith (The Pursuit of Happiness)

"There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't.  What you've got to do is turn around and say, 'Watch me.'"
~ Layne Beachley

"To all the girls that think you're ugly because you're not size 0, you're the beautiful one.  It's society who's ugly."
~ Marilyn Monroe

"Lift up your head, princess, if not the crown falls."
~ Anonymous

"To me fearless is having fears.  Fearless is having doubts.  Lots of them.  To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death."
~ Taylor Swift

"Is 'fat' really the worst thing a human being can be?  Is 'fat' worse than 'vindictive', 'jealous', 'shallow', 'vain', 'boring', or 'cruel'?  Not to me."
~ J.K. Rowling

"Do or do not.  There is no try."
~ Yoda

"Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
~ Mary Anne Radmacher

"Laughter is timeless,
Imagination has no age,
And dreams are forever."
~ Walt Disney

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
~ Reinhold Niebuhr

"Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
~ Dumbledore

"Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you've never been hurt,
Sing like no one is listening,
And live like its heaven on earth."
~ Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...