Sunday, June 5, 2011

That Could Be You...

This is going to be a rather random post, just to warn  you all, but I thought it was something to think about too.

To start out with, when I am really bored, I will either read, draw, write, or occasionally watch one of my favorite tv shows on Hulu.  When I am really, really bored, I will watch a completely pointless and usually stupid tv show, just for the heck of it.  One of those shows for me is the Bachelorette/Bachelor.  I find the show completely ridiculous and not at all realistic.  I mean, there have been I don't know how many seasons and only two couples have been married.  Don't ask me how I know that.  The likelihood of someone finding their future spouse on a drama filled tv show where 25 random guys or girls are picked is just really out there.  Only God could work that one out for the good.

In any case, it seems that ever season that I have watched, there is some kind of drama.  The bachelorette/bachelor, though usually the bachelorette, gets their heart broken cause it turns out someone wasn't there for the right reasons.  The interesting part for me is that 3/4 of the time I can already tell this or that person is a complete and total jerk and obviously not there for the right reasons.  However, that is usually the person that the bachelor/bachelorette gets incredibly close to, and when the facade is destroyed, they are completely heart broken.

This season of The Bachelorette, it's already happened, or rather is about to happen tomorrow night.  I disliked the man in question, Bentley, even before I heard all his rude comments about Ashley.  Just something about him, I didn't like it and he really wasn't that cute.  But aside from that, he is inevitably the guy that Ashley already started falling for and it's not even halfway through the show.  The problem:  he wanted Emily from last season, not Ashley.  Watching his actions and all around Ashley and the other guys made me wonder, how the heck could she not see what a fake this guy is?!  His attitude and all should have been a clear warning in my opinion.  I mean, was she stupid?!  But then that got me to thinking, how often do we do that?  How often do we meet that person who we think is just so cool and so amazing, that we completely disregard all warnings and go with our own instincts.  (I did forget to mention that a friend of Ashley's had called her to warn her of Bentley and that she should be very careful of him cause of some things from his past.  Obviously she ignored that warning and went with her own instinct.)  Now I'm not saying that you should necessarily take that person's warning at face value and just go with it, you do have to use your own common sense.  But, more often than not, it is worth considering what they said and doing some investigating of your own.
All in all,  this was a rather drawn out and possibly confusing post just to say to be careful of judging others too harshly, cause at some point, that could be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...