Sunday, November 28, 2010

In His Time

So, yesterday I blogged that I had decided that it was high time that I turn back to God and give Him control of my life cause I just hadn't been doing that and I'd been doing my own thing. Well, yesterday, I was given the perfect example of God taking care of His people if the choose to follow Him. For months now, ever since I came back home from college, I have been searching for a job. I've turned in innumerable applications, spent hours on my computer filling out applications there, flipped through newspaper ads, gone online, etc. I've gone into town several days a week to go check out places and did everything I thought I could. Thanksgiving Day, my grandfather tells me that he saw in the newspaper that Smith's was hiring. It didn't say which Smith's just in general. He told me to go online and fill out an application. So, that night I filled out the application, fully excepting it to be overlooked like every single time before.

Well, yesterday, the day I decided to turn back to God, I got a call during my church's worship practice. It was from Smith's!! They wanted to interview me on Sunday (today) at 1!!! I was so happy! My prayers had been answered. After months of searching, I was finally getting my first interview.

Today, when I went in for my interview, I felt calm, not really nervous or anything. The lady I talked to was incredibly nice and it felt more like a pleasant conversation than an interview. At the end of it she told me I was her favorite person that she had interviewed and that someone would call me on Monday. She told me she was pretty sure I would be the person they would hire. Talk about walking on sunshine, cause I sure was!

Those months that I had spent searching for a job, I think God didn't provide a job right then because I needed to get to the point where I pretty much hit rock bottom before I would go to Him and say, "Here, I can't handle all of this anymore, I need you to carry me through all this and I need your help." And once I had given it to Him, it looks like He's going to bless with me the job I've been wanting for so long. I thank God for this opportunity so much. I feel very blessed and I pray that I will be able to honor Him in this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...