Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Gift of Friendship

There are many times when we take friends for granted. We assume they're always going to be there, that we'll be friends forever, that nothing will change or destroy that friendship. In one instant, in one act, you can lose the best friend you ever had. Over time, from petty little arguments and deeds, a friendship can fall apart. I've learned both of these from personal experience. And losing those friends, can be heart breaking. My dad always told me, that friendship is like a garden. You need to water it, to nurture it, to prune it to keep it healthy and to allow those plants to grow to their full potential. You need to have the initiative to take care of that garden and you need to be willing to give the time needed to care for it. It's exactly the same with friendship. You need to take care of that friendship, stay in contact, spend time together. When you don't any of that, the friendship starts to die. And there are times, when that friendship can't be revived.

I have personally had three friendships that died. God has been very gracious in giving me another chance with one of those friendships. Unfortunately, it seems like the other two might be gone forever.

So right now, I just want to take this opportunity to thank those people who I have been so blessed to call my friends. You have no idea how much you friendship means to me. I'm not going to name any names, but there are a few girls, who I just want to tell you that you have been such amazing friends lately. You have been such an encouragement recently during some truly difficult and heartbreaking times. Your advice has been so meaningful and I cannot tell you how thankful I am to have you girls to talk to and to help me.

I also want to thank my incredible friends at youth group and at church. You all are so incredible. I love you all. I always feel so comfortable around you and you help make church my second home. Some of you, even if you were younger than me, have been such incredible examples to me of how to be a godly person. Others of you have inspired me with your incredible musical skills. And still others have just been there when I needed a hug or when I was down. You guys always make me smile and being with you all is one of my favorite things. You have each contributed something special to my life and, again, I love you all so much.

My old friends from RGES, you all are also incredible. I have so many fond memories of my time with you and there is no way I will ever forget any of you. I know some of you better than others, but you guys always made my day when I saw you. You all are incredible.

And finally to the friends that I have just made this year or just started to get to know. It has been so awesome to either meet you guys or get to know you all better. In some cases, I've felt like I've gotten to know some of you pretty well in a fairly short amount of time. You guys are also incredible. Some of you just make me perpetually want to smile when I'm around you and others of you just have a great calming effect on me or make me just feel really comfortable. You guys mean no less to me than any of my other friends. And I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to meet you all.
So, I just wanted to thank you all for your friendship, for all that have you given me. I hope that I can be as a good a friend to you all as you have been to me. Each of you is special to me and I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...